Monday, January 25, 2010

don't even worry about it

ok i figured it out.
i know, i know, it may not seem like that big of a deal, but i've been thinking and pondering DEEPLY about what word i want as my word (and motto) of the year. and after nearly a month i know.

REMEMBER.

this year 2010, i will remember what i am, who i am, and why i am here. so many times i feel like i am rushing, planning, dreaming, and doing. i will slow down and remember that i am here for a purpose. i will remember that i am a daughter of God. i will remember that i have such a strong heritage. i will remember those that have passed before me and the sacrifices that they made. i want to learn (and remember) my great grandparents (and grandparents). i will teach my kids about them. we will sing "how great Thou art" and remember gpa kunz. i will wear my red patent leather heels and remember my sweet gma alta and her green polka dot dress. we will smell a skunk and think of gma grace (haha). my life has been so rich with memories of my grandparents, and i will remember to take my kids to see their gparents more often (we see tulips and think of pa elmer). i will remember that i can't do everything, so i will relax and enjoy what i can do. i want to remember to do the things that bring me joy -- sewing, painting, decorating, crocheting, gardening ... i will remember that my children are gifts and try to remember that everyday with them is a blessing!! i will remember the millions of reasons why i love quin. i will remember ...

(if you get lucky i may even remember to blog more often, lol)

5 comments:

Brianna Tuckett said...

I like that Annie! That's a good one! :)

merlene said...

Lots of gret idea's 2010 should be a great year for the Tuckett" Sure love you Annie & your special kids & great husband

merlene said...

Annie we love the christmas card it is adorable. You do such cute things! Love ya Gram

Jessica said...

You've got me remembering lots of fun with Grandpa and Grandma Egbert... yep, you're making me cry!

Vloggerlyfe said...

Hey, I like your blog! I just wanted to let everyone know that we are having another blog design giveaway at Bloggy Blog Designz! We are giving away a total of 11 freebies, discounts and giftcards. You Can Enter Here.