I know that all you crazies reading my blog have been awaiting another installment of "flashback friday", probably as much as I was looking forward to a new Grey's episode. So here you go!!!This isn't that big of a flashback --- it was taken exactly 2 years ago. I loved my tulips at my other house --- they were so pretty. :) I love flowers, I love having the boys "help" :) with them. They look a little homeless, but we'd been busy working, what can ya do. Better head, the boys are clamoring for food (suprising I know). Leave a comment if you check this out -- I LOVE to hear from people!
Friday, April 25, 2008
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Today has been as entertaining as all the others.
Wyatt came into my room at 7 to wake me up -- we hauled a tractor whom and didn't get home last night until almost 12am so I was one tired mama. Anyway, Wy comes in and tells me "Mom, my belly's hungry". I said "So eat something" -- in my defense I sometimes talk in my sleep. So Wyatt minds me for about the 2nd time of his life. I come out at 7:20 and he's eating a dang enchilada. He helped me make them last night for dinner and then we left before we got to eat them, so of course they made the perfect breakfast food in his 5 year old mind. A little gross to me, but it may have just been my morning breath. The Coop wakes up and wants "ladas" so we all ate cold enchiladas for breakfast. (yuck, I don't recommend it)
Then Quin calls and says that I need to run to Case. I got to chose if I went to IF or Rexburg. I had to take kiddos, so I voted to Rexburg -- easy in and out. Wyatt ended up going to pick rock with Quin so I took Cooper & Hy. Quin told them that since they had to go with me (what is that a punishment) they could pick out a new tractor at Case. We get there, I get the part and then we have to decide what tractor we need. Coop said he "needed" them all. Hy wanted a big backhoe. AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Most kids throw fits in grocery stores, my little weirdos throw fits in equipment stores. Needless to say we ended up leaving with a new swather with 2 heads (for Cooper) and a new tractor and grain drill (for Hyrum).
Now I'm making lunch while the little boys are outside swathing and drilling in the dirt that is my front walkway. Then we are off to Hamer to take oil & lunch & pops.
Wish me luck, I really need a nap!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
I took the leap and decided that we had to be where Quin was (knowing that he's a workaholic and I've been around a few farmers in my day so I know their schedules - or lack thereof). It's been really great for the boys. They love being by the cows and they've got to watch us pull a couple of calves. They love that they can go hang out with dad once in a while. The only thing that is driving me really crazy (besides no grocery store nearby) is the fact that my Rigby house isn't even ready to sell yet. I've tried to go over with the little men a couple times and that just ends up AWFUL ~ I have to get it done, it's killing me to pay my mortgage month after month when I don't even get to live there. I think that it will break my heart to put the rest of my furniture and piano and BOOKS and whatnot in storage. That just seems so final. I went by yesterday and my tulips are all wanting to bloom and my grass is starting to green up and my irises are tall and straight. My 100 trees are looking good and I miss the fact that I had a bigger house and beautiful yard. I know that I can make this pretty outside, but it's not permanant, so really how much energy do I want to put in it.
I miss my old friends, I miss getting together with them. I miss seeing my husband (yes we've started planting grain now) I'll see him next Nov. again :) I just feel rather melancholy about the whole deal. I miss my yard, my flowers, my trees. I spent SO much energy in the last 3 years laying sod and planting bulbs and flowers. Maybe I just moved to much when I was growing up -- I just am tired by it! I wish I was closer to my sister Em, and that sweet baby Paisley, they were just down the road before. I am having such a hard time with all the drama out here. You forget (a little anyway) how much goes on -- with all the crap with Quin's family that happened the last year it's really hard to be out here. Dang I need to "toughen up a hair" as my poetic husband would say :). I just had to vent to someone. Lucky bloggers, you get to hear it. Sorry, I'll stuff it all back in, it won't happen again.
Friday, April 11, 2008
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
I saw this email and had to post it. Not very long ago I tried to explain the "watcha talkin bout Willis" thing to my baby sister Sara, it did not go over very well. And just yesterday I made my 18 year old cousin bust up when I told him "wax on, wax off" I think I may need help :)
You Know You Grew Up In The 80's or Early 90'sIf.................................
1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word "SIKE"
2. You watched the Pound Puppies.
3. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Belair" ..and can do the"Carlton".
4. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy.
5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start aclub of your own.
6. You owned those lil' Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls.
7. You know that "WOAH " comes from Joey on Blossom
8. Two words: Hammer Pants
9. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock"
10. You had plastic streamers on yourhandle bars... and "spokey-dokes" or playing cards on your spokes for thatincredible sound effect.
11. You can sing the entire theme song to "DuckTales " (Woo ooh!)
12. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
14. You saw the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles " on the bigscreen...and still know the turtles names.
15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class atschool.
16. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in>aknot on the side.
17. You played the game "MASH " (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)
18. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
19. L.A. Gear....need I say more?
20. You wanted to change your name to "JEM " in Kindergarten. (She'struly outrageous.)
21. You remember reading "Tales of a fourth grade nothing " and all theRamona books.
22. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF"
23. You wanted to be a Goonie.
24. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us... head-to-toe)
25. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nosefell off and his cheeks shifted.
26. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
27. You took lunch boxes to school... and traded Garbage Pail Kids in theschool yard.
28. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
29. You still get the urge to say "NOT " after every sentence.
30. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts.
31. Barbie and the Rockers was your favorite band. (I liked Kayla of course)
32. You thought She-ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hook up.
33. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because youexchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
34. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes. (or like ..24, probably in neoncolors, too)
35. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are,but what am I?"
36. You remember "I've fallen and I can'tget up"
37. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
38. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide.
39. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
40. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.
41. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement.
42. You remember Popples.
43. "Don't worry, be happy"
44. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.
45. You wore socks scrunched down (and sometimes still do... getting yelled at by "younger hip" members of the family)
46. You remember boom boxes.. and walking around with one on your shoulderlike you were all that.
47. You remember watching both "Gremlins " movies.
48. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!!"
49. You remember watching "Rainbow Bright" and "My Little Pony Tales"
50. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
51. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
52. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool... and don'tevenflinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB".
53. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved ByThe Bell," The ORIGINAL class.
54. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
55. You just sang those words to yourself.
56. You remember watching Magic vs. Bird.
57. Homemade Levi shorts.. (the shorter the better)
58. You remember when mullets were cool!
59. You had a mullet!
60. You still sing "We are the World"
61. You tight rolled your jeans.
62. You owned a bannana clip
63. You remember "Where's the Beef?"
64. You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' aboutWillis?"
65. You had big hair and you knew how to use it.
66. You're still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren't you!!
Monday, April 7, 2008
Friday, April 4, 2008
Can you believe that I'm back online!!
We moved to Mud Lake and I FINALLY have the internet :) The boys are in love, we've been calving like crazy for the last month or so, that's finally starting to slow down. It's been awesome to be here and work outside with the boys and Quin a little bit. We've been working on cleaning up the yard, and I've painted the whole inside. The house is pretty tight, but they say that love goes best in little houses :) I just have to remember that this isn't forever I guess.
Can't wait to keep in touch with everyone again!!
Oh yeah, my little sis Emily and her sweet husband Adam had their baby, a little girl named Paisley Rae. I'll get pics on soon!
Love to all!!! Annie