Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Musing from a troubled heart...

So as some of you know the last few weeks, ok months, have been AWFUL for my little fam. I don't understand why we are subjected to so many trials. I've been trying to figure out what exactly I am supposed to learn, but I just don't know! I'm thankful that we're studying Joseph Smith this year in Sunday school -- I've loved being able to actually go to the lessons lately ... with no children on my lap. What a great man! I wonder if he ever wondered why he had the trials that he did. When he layed down that baby after holding him through the night, I can't imagine the anguish that Joseph must've felt when that little boy died. Some times in life it feels like all I can do is keep my head above the water. Do you ever feel that way?

Joseph Smith ~ While Emma Sleeps by Liz Lemon Swindle

No comments: