Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ramblings of a Weary Woman



The last days have been full of emotion for me. No I haven't cried, I just have been feeling SOOO many different things. First of all, Quin & I took Wyatt and Cooper through the Rexburg Temple Open house. It was incredible!! When we saw the baptismal font Cooper said "Mom, it's a swimmin' pool" and Wyatt wanted his rope to catch those "cows". It was neat to see the boys feel the spirit there. There were so good! I'm glad that we could take them to see it. Everytime we drive towards Rexburg, as soon as the Temple comes into view all my boys start singing "I love to see the temple" they don't have all of the words right, but they sure try! :)



Next, Quin & I have come to a really hard decision. We are moving back out to Mud Lake. Now don't get me wrong, I love it out there, I really do! But we'll have to sell this house that I've invested my whole heart it! I love the space inside, I've painted and decorated every room just the way that I wanted it to be. We've spent hours putting in sod and planting grass seed and we put in 100 trees just last summer (complete with the drip system). I have 100 tulips that I put in and tons of flowers that I've planted. But we don't have a lot of choices. We are dissolving the business -- well Dennis forced us to end it by breaking Quin's nose, long story, lots of blood involved. So now we are selling the equipment. It breaks my heart, mostly for Quin, but life happens. The best job offer that Quin got was actually working out at my Uncle Kirk's. I was suprised, but Quin is excited and actually loving it!! So since I want to see my farming husband sometimes, I know that we need to be out there. There you have it. Life goes on, and we have to go with it!


Then President Hinckley died this week. I can't believe that he really is no longer the prophet. I know that he's so happy now, but it still just shocked me. What a great man. What a great legacy he left. He taught us that the gosepel makes bad men good and good men (and women) better. What truth!

Well, this posting hasn't been that chipper has it! I really am excited to start this new part of life, in fact I can't wait to see what this new chapter of life will bring! Wish us luck!!! :)

No comments: