Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Steven A. had a birthday!!

Yesterday was my padre's birthday. The older I get the more I love and appreciate him.

I love him not only for his cool cheesehead hat from Wisconsin :0) I love him for a lot of other little reasons. Here are the top ten reasons why I love my dad.

10. He adores my kids and they LOVE him!! Pa Steve rocks! I've always known that my dad was a baby man (meaning he loves little babies) but it's been so awesome to see him with his own grandkids. My kids all think he's fantastic!! They love when he comes over and they love to go see him at his "sugar house".

9. He's one of the hardest workers I know.

8. He would do anything I asked him.

7. Whenever he comes over he looks around and finds something that needs to be fixed and then does it for me.

6. He makes up and sings the funniest songs. I remember him doing that even when I was little.

5. I never hear him talk bad about people.

4. He is the best bargain shopper around.

3. He always made sure that we had everything that we needed growing up, even if he did without and had to work 3 jobs to do it. The amazing thing is that I never heard him complain.

2. He loves my mom -- he never let us backtalk her. We always had to show her respect, no question asked.

1. and the top reason that I love my dad, is that he would give any of us kids anything that he has.

May dad has had to fight his own personal battles, really who hasn't. He hasn't given up and has taught me that I should keep trying. When I was really struggling a few years ago dad told me to listen to the words of Rascal Flatts song "Stand" If you haven't heard it go and listen right now here. These are the words to the chorus... "Cause when push comes to shove, You taste what you're made of, You might bend, till you break, Cause its all you can take, On your knees you look up, Decide you've had enough, You get mad you get strong, Wipe your hands shake it off Then you Stand."

This song still reminds me of my dad. What a tough guy with a big heart. I am so proud to be his daughter and so happy that my kids have him as a grandpa!! Someday I'll have to tell him that he's my hero.

No comments: